Friday, October 2, 2009

Time for Comfort Food

The weekend is upon us! The leaves are turning quickly and from what I hear of our forecast a little rainy tomorrow. Time to start making some comfort and cozy meals. Our photographer Katie, just took this great shot of some comfort food. (Great shot Katie)!



It has our corn chowder soup mix, cheddar herb biscuit mix, cornbread mix and red pepper jelly. I am definitely making some chowder and biscuits for a quick dinner next week.

I am headed north in Maine to my niece’s college soccer game. Ever since my niece was probably six years old, she has always reminded me that my baking is horrible. I made her non-fat brownies once and she said “no offense Auntie – but these are gross!” Last year I made our pumpkin whoopie pies. Reluctantly, she and a couple of ladies on the team tried them, smiles came to their faces and my niece said “hey Auntie, these are pretty good”. Success I thought! With that being said, it is tradition that I bake something for the team after the game tomorrow. Tonight I will make our Triple Fudge Brownie Mix and our Blondie Mix. I am sure with these mixes I will get lots of smiles. Enjoy everyone and have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Love the blog, Laurie's posts are the best BY FAR! Keep up the great work, I can't wait to hear more from Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Great shot Katie!" Thanks Laurie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!