Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
We are not ready to let go of summer yet - and are going to spend this weekend enjoying our favorite summer meals, such as Fatoosh Salad!
Fatoosh is a salad indigenous to Levantine cuisine, composed of toasted pita bread, greens and other vegetables. This fun dish encompasses the delicious flavors of some of our favorite summer foods, such as shrimp, which provides a lean source of protein, and those beloved fresh tomatoes that add a burst of sweetness and acidity to every bite. Our new Roasted Tomato Balsamic Vinaigrette adds dark and smoky flavors with subtle notes of herbs and spices and pairs well with the essence of the grill and the salty feta. It’s perfect as a main course or a side dish, and as all other summer dishes, it’s best eaten outside!
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, washed and dried
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 5-inch pita bread rounds
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Tomato Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Place shrimp on skewers. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat about 2 minutes per side until pink and opaque. Remove from skewers and set aside.
- Cut heads of lettuce lengthwise. Brush with olive oil and grill over medium-high heat cut side down 2-3 minutes total, turning occasionally. Remove and set aside.
- Grill the pita bread turning occasionally until crisp. Crumble into bite sized pieces. Arrange grilled lettuce on individual plates. Top with shrimp, pita, garbanzo beans, tomato, cucumber, , onion and cheese. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and serve immediately.