Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gadgets, Gadgets, Gadgets

We all have them and we all love them! Why is it there is such a fascination with gadgets? There are those gadgets that work well and we use them all the time and then there are those that just seem to sit in our cupboards and collect dust. That got me thinking and I surveyed the Stonewall Kitchen staff to ask them about their favorite gadgets. Overwhelmingly I got a response of the Veggie Chop by Chefn. This is used regularly by our Cooking School Staff and it is their favorite. You can easily and uniformly chop veggies, onions, nuts, etc. It is easy to clean and disassemble and it is relatively small for storing.



They also recommended the Emulster and Garlic Wheel by Chefn. Some other close runners up were the Pot Minder and Brown Sugar Savers. I do actually have a brown sugar saver which I leave in my brown sugar and it does work. The Palm Peeler by Chefn which is worn on your hand and easily and safely lets you peel your veggies. The Microplane Graters are great tools in the kitchen. I use the zester frequently at home.

The Chopper/Scrapper came highly recommended by our Recipe Developer because it is so useful in the kitchen. You can use it to cut and measure brownies, cakes or bars. Or it can be used to scoop up chopped veggies.



Finally, our Mini Spatula made the list because it can get into every small jar or space that you can imagine.


I would have to say that my favorite gadget that I use at home is the Swiss Mandoline Slicer by Zyliss. I use it all the time. It has all the great attachments so you can julienne or slice veggies or potatoes uniformly and effortlessly. It is easy to disassemble and clean and stores together with the holder so all the attachments don't get lost in your pantry.


We would love to hear your list of favorite kitchen gadgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!