Monday, January 11, 2010

Did you chill & grill this weekend?

On Facebook we had a lot of great replies to Laurie's blog about chillin' & grillin'! (And Flo - thanks for posting the poem to our blog!) At first I thought, brrrr, it's too cold to grill in the winter! Then Sunday came around and sure enough my husband and some of our friends wanted to grill before the Patriots game! Now I'm wondering, how many other people were out there braving the elements to grill? If you did venture out to your barbecue what did you make?

We cut up chicken breasts into 2" steak tip sized pieces and marinated them in Wasabi Ginger Sauce. I was afraid that they would fall into the grill, but my husband was right (yes, I really just said that). Not only were the pieces of chicken safe from falls - but they were very tasty! The smaller pieces allowed for more of marinade to flavor the chicken.


We also made burgers. Our friend Jim is famous for his grilling "Jim burgers." These fabled concoctions are hard to beat! Working here I have plenty of Stonewall Kitchen sauces & jams in my fridge so I decided to see if I could make my own delicious burger recipe. I have to say, the Katie burger gives the Jim burger a run for its money! I added 1/2 jar of Roasted Garlic Onion Jam to the ground beef (approx 1.5 lbs). Our cafe serves burgers topped with RGOJ, and that's where I got the idea. I also added 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce and a tablespoon of A1 along with salt and pepper to the ground beef. We topped these with Country Ketchup and cheddar cheese creating a slightly spicy twist on the traditional burger!

Looking for a healthier burger option? Chutney can help to keep a turkey burger moist and delicious. Try our recipe for the Best Ever Turkey Burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!