Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hanging on to summer...

I'm not ready to let go of summer yet! It may be only 59 degrees here in York, ME but I am going to put on my larger-than-necessary rockstar sun glasses and pray for Indian summer. I can almost hear my sister in still warm & sunny Denver, CO laughing at me from all those miles away. My response is that our summer might be short ... but it sure is sweet!

Yesterday, here at Stonewall Kitchen, we had a company cookout. It was nice to take advantage of the still mild days. Our cookout was 50's themed and we:

got new do's,



took photos at our photo booth,


& ate burgers, veggie burgers, cole slaw, chips, cookies & root beer floats. (Luckily we have all the tasty condiments we could ever need)





Can't you tell that Stonewall Kitchen really is a great place to work? It is a blessing to have a job that includes working with such a wonderful group of people!

I've previously posted a recipe for turkey burgers (see it here). Today, for your cookout menus, here are some of our cole slaw recipes:
Spicy Slaw
Sweet & Sour Cole Slaw (shown below)
Cole Slaw with Garlic Rosemary Citrus Sauce
Honey Tarragon Mustard Coleslaw
Smoked Salmon and Fennel Slaw



Do you have a favorite type of cole slaw or a secret ingredient? Tell us about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!