What a great weekend, and what a fantastic turnout for the pancake breakfast at L.L. Bean! Almost 600 people joined us and we really enjoyed it. L.L. Bean’s new Home store is simply beautiful and they have an amazing assortment of our top-selling products. If you are in the Freeport, ME area, you should definitely stop by to check it out.
The tell tale signs of Fall are upon us, I can see my breath when I first step out the door, the leaves have that familiar crunch when you step on them … and ah, of course the return of football! I have to admit although I already long for the hot days of next year’s summer, I do enjoy Sundays and the NFL. It is not just the thrill of the game, the smack of the helmets and the enjoyment I get out of yelling at the TV screen when the refs make a bad call, it is the time we spend together at home camped out in the living room with our family and friends snacking on great game fare. One of our favorites is the Layered Mexican Dip! It is so quick and easy, paired with some tortilla chips, you are all set to huddle around and enjoy the game.
Layered Mexican Dip
- 1 – 16 oz. can of refried beans
- 1 - 4.5 oz. can of chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 avocadoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Black Bean Salsa or Stonewall Kitchen Mango Lime Salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a greased deep pie dish, spread the refried beans and then layer the chopped green chiles on top.
- For the next layer combine the sour cream and mayonnaise. Continue layering the avocadoes, lemon juice, Stonewall Kitchen Black Bean Salsa or Stonewall Kitchen Mango Lime Salsa, and top with the two cheeses and green onions.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20-30 minutes until heated through and bubbly.
Serve with tortilla chips.
And for a special Halloween version, use chips and sliced olives to decorate the top for those spooktacular parties next month!