Tuesday, September 22, 2009

End of Summer

Today is the last day of Summer. However, Fall is one of my favorite times of year in New England. The leaves have started to change and it is another beautiful day here in Maine. We have had some great weather this month; hopefully it will continue and we will have an Indian Summer. We deserve it, after all the rain we got in June!

My name is Stacy and I have worked at Stonewall Kitchen for almost 8 years. I work in the Marketing Department and I really enjoy my job. I am so lucky to be able to promote a great product that I truly love and work with such a great group of people. This past weekend I attended a neighborhood block party. We plan this every year at the end of the summer. The entire neighborhood gets together and I am always responsible for all the condiments. Of course I use it as an opportunity to ruthlessly push all the Stonewall Kitchen products on my friends and neighbors. (They never seem to complain.) I also made one of my favorite recipes using our Spicy Corn Relish ... Spicy Black Bean Salad. This always seems to be a crowd favorite whenever it is served.




Spicy Black Bean Salad
Serves: 6
Ingredients
1 Jar Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Corn Relish
1-15 ounce can Black beans, rinsed and drained
4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1 Avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
3/4 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped Directions
Place all ingredients including Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Corn Relish in a serving bowl. Toss and serve at room temperature.

We would love to hear what you make when you attend a gathering.
Enjoy,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!