Monday, December 28, 2009

A few of my favorite things...

First, I hope everyone have a lovely holiday weekend - I know I sure did! Lately on our blog we've been talking a lot about recipes and gifts. Looking through our posts I noticed we haven't mentioned any of our kitchen gadgets in a while. So, I thought I'd let you know that these are a few of my favorite things! By the way, can you tell that I saw the Sound of Music on TV over the weekend? That song is now hopelessly stuck in my head!

Since I've started working at Stonewall Kitchen each of these has made their way home with me and now I don't know how I ever lived without them! Ok, I guess I could live without them but they sure make cooking & entertaining easier and more fun.

1) Cruets & Dipping Oils:
These beautifully designed cruets are just as functional as they are nice to look at. I like them because of the large angled cork stopper. With this design, in humid or dry weather, the cork always has a tight fit. The Rosmarino Oil Cruet (shown on the right) is the perfect size to fit an entire bottle of one of our dipping oils! The Italian dipping oil is my favorite and makes an extra tasty bread dip when poured into a dish with a little parmesan cheese sprinkled on top!

2) Our Roasted Garlic Onion Dip Mix & Stoneware dip server.
This seems simple but sometimes it's about the small things. Or maybe I'm just easily amused? ;) If you're looking for a snack to serve this is the best little combo. Our Roasted Garlic Onion Dip is very easy to make and tastes much better than the pre-mixed dips you can buy at the supermarket. Plus, this handy dip bowl has space in the bottom for ice so that your dip doesn't get warm and yucky! It tastes great served with chips or veggie sticks.

3) The Griddler
This is like a George Foreman Grill but much much better. I always disliked how my foreman grill only had one hinge. If I tried to cook chicken breasts I had to spin the meat! It would cook faster on one side since the top plate was not able to press down evenly. For me that alone was worth the switch to the griddler. However, it also has more uses than a panini press or grill alone. On this handy little grill the plates pop out so that you can have a flat griddle surface too! (And the plates can go in the dishwasher) The whole thing opens up flat and becomes the perfect surface for cooking pancakes!

I hope you enjoy these little gadgets as much as I do! Do you have a favorite foodie gadget you can't live without? We'd love to know what it is!

2 comments:

  1. I bought the griddler for the same reason you did - plus I was able to get rid of 2 appliences since the changeable plates make it a great grill and griddle. My husband is thrilled that he won't be out grilling fish on the deck this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you agree that it is a fantastic little appliance!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!