Sunday, December 13, 2009

Is that fruitcake?

As I was looking through the Globe magazine this morning I was stopped in my tracks by this beautiful photograph! Ok, I'll admit it, as a photographer I look at the Globe & Times magazines mostly for the photos. I saw this shot and thought, yum, what kind of holiday cake is that? We all know the jokes about the holiday fruit cake. In fact, I even made one last year to bring to a holiday party just because it was the most hilarious holiday food I could think of ... maraschino cherries and all. Well, Adam Ried, Jim Scherer & Catrine Kelty (writer, photographer & food stylist) have changed my opinion of this infamous holiday treat. Seeing this, how could you not be willing to give their version a try?

New-fashioned fruitcake - The Boston Globe

Photograph from the Boston Sunday Globe Magazine 12/13, Photography by Jim Scherer, Styling by Catrine Kelty (Unfortunately I had to scan it because I could not find the photograph on the Globe's website!)


Still working on your holiday shopping? Let us at Stonewall Kitchen help you out! Don't forget about our deal of the day, save $25 on our award winning tote! Today's tips are stocking stuffer ideas and some unusual places you might not think to look for these gifts. Find these and more tips of the day on our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!