Tuesday, August 16, 2011
The past few days have reminded us that summer may be coming to a (hopefully slow) end and fall will show it’s colors to us soon enough. With the recent rain, the damp and cool mornings make many of us around the office crave warm, gooey comfort foods –especially in the morning! For your next rainy morning, we recommend baking up a batch of our homemade sticky buns. The aromas alone will motivate you to relish the goodness offered by a late summer rain day! Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!
• 1-1lb. Loaf of unbaked bread dough (found in your groceries frozen food section)
• 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
• 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Spiced Rum Butterscotch Sauce
• 1/4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted**
1. Thaw frozen dough according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate.
3. Roll dough into a rectangle approximately 10 inches by 6 inches.
4. Brush surface of the dough with melted butter.
5. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over dough.
6. Roll up the dough forming a 10-inch long roll. Cut into ten rounds about 1 inch thick.
7. Sprinkle toasted pecans over the bottom of the pie plate.
8. Spread the Stonewall Kitchen Pure Maple Cream or Spiced Rum Butterscotch Sauce over the nuts.
9. Place the dough rounds, spiral side up, over the sauce. Let the dough rise in a warm place 30 minutes or until it doubles in size. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes. Turn pie pan over onto a serving dish. Serve buns warm.