Wednesday, August 24, 2011
It is always a shock when the stores begin to stock their shelves with pens, notebooks and back to school supplies. Somehow it manages to sneak up on us every year. Suddenly we wake up to cooler mornings, the days begin to get a little shorter and we begin to pack up the backpacks for school! Sending your children to school with a nutritious lunch is important, but it is also just as important that they enjoy the lunch that is packed for them. Here are a few of our favorite products for the school year;
- Peanut Butter and Concord Grape Jelly - For a traditional PB&J
- A Fall Favorite, Pilgrim Turkey Sandwich
- For the nut free schools, Seedless Red Raspberry Jelly with Cream Cheese
- Honey Mustard Pretzels
- Sea Salt Crackers
- Baby Carrots with a side of Artichoke Spinach Dip
- Aged Cheddar Cheese Straws
- Sour Cream & Chive Potato Sticks
And everyone's favorite...dessert:
- For those with a Gluten Intolerance; Gluten Free Brownies or Gluten Free Cookies
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies
- Our new Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Also, if you are looking for more Eco-friendly ways to pack your lunches, check out the Recyclable Lunch Bags!
What are your children's favorite lunch items for school?