Puff Pastry Pizza with Eggplant Spread
- 1 package Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Eggplant Spread
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 large basil leaves, julienned
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Oil
- For the Pastry:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Thaw one sheet of the pastry for about 20 minutes.
- Gently flatten with a rolling pin, to a 12x12 square.
- Prick pastry all over with the tines of a fork. Place the pastry on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Top the pastry with another baking sheet, as this will keep pastry from “puffing” too much.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Pastry can be made one day ahead and kept in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate.
- Use at room temperature.
- For the Topping:
- In a bowl, mix together the Stonewall Kitchen Eggplant Spread, half of the basil, minced garlic, all of the parsley and the anchovy paste. Mix to blend and set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm the Stonewall Kitchen Garlic Oil in a large sauté pan, over medium heat. Add the onions.
- Stirring frequently, cook until they are light brown and transparent – about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- To Assemble:
- Cover the baked puff pastry crust with the Stonewall Kitchen Eggplant mixture.
- Next, cover with the caramelized onions. Sprinkle with remaining julienned basil.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve on an attractive platter.