Friday, January 7, 2011
* 4 large red leaf lettuce leaves
* 1 pound thin asparagus, cleaned and boiled until crisp-tender
* 2 large boneless chicken breasts, cooked or poached, and cooled
* 1 small cucumber, peeled and very thinly sliced
* 1 11-ounce can mandarin orange segments in light syrup, drained (reserve liquid)
* 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Honey Mustard Dressing
* 1/4 cup reserved mandarin orange syrup
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
* Tiny sprigs fresh dill, to garnish
1. Line 4 plates with lettuce leaves.
2. Divide asparagus among the 4 plates, laying them in 3 piles that meet at the base of each plate.
3. Cut chicken into thin strips and divide it among the 4 plates, laying the strips between the asparagus.
4. Create a ribbon of cucumber slices by laying them overlapping across the center of the plate, over the asparagus and chicken.
5. Place mandarin orange segments decoratively over the cucumber slices.
6. Whisk together Stonewall Kitchen Honey Mustard Dressing, mandarin orange syrup, salt and pepper.
7. Drizzle over salad. Garnish with dill sprigs and serve.
View this recipe & more on our Website.