Thursday, March 18, 2010

Our Sweet 16

It's that time of year again, March Madness, where college basketball fans flock to fill out their brackets. Risk-takers choose a Cinderella team to go all the way so they'll be less likely to share the winnings. Me, I'd rather watch Cinderella the Disney movie with my favorite 5 year old than some of these games. However, with an Alma Mater like Syracuse, I can say that I've recently gotten more into the madness myself. This year, I even filled out my own bracket - with no help from my husband. (Please feel free to congratulate me on this accomplishment now)

As I was filling out my bracket I used techniques like I'd rather visit Florida than Utah (sorry BYU). However, when I got to the sweet 16 all I could think was: sweet? I like sweets ... yum, I'm hungry! So, in honor of March Madness starting today, I'd like to share with you Stonewall Kitchen's sweetest (as in most awesome and best selling) 16 products!

1) Wild Maine Blueberry Jam
2) Sea Salt Crackers
3) Red Pepper Jelly
4) Maple Chipotle Grill Sauce
5) 16oz Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle Mix
6) Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
7) 32oz Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle Mix
8) Hot Pepper Jelly
9) Mango Chutney
10) Rosemary Parmesan Crackers
11) Mini Wild Maine Blueberry Jam
12) Apple Cranberry Chutney
13) Old Farmhouse Chutney
14) Vidalia Onion Fig Sauce
15) Sesame Ginger Teriaki Sauce
16) Mango Lime Salsa

Luckily - you can work all of these tasty products into any college basketball party! Every sports gathering I know of begins with some Chillin' & Grillin' ... so grab #4, #14 & #15 and head out to your grill. Inside you can set out some trays of crackers, #2 & #10, and bowls of the following: #3, #6, #8, #9, #12, #13 for fun do-it-yourself Hors d'Oeuvres . These are so easy any sports fan can can do it: choose a cracker, add cheese (cream cheese or brie), add a topping & enjoy! Add a bowl of #16 and tortilla chips and you've got a party! I recommend you grab one of our pancake puff pans and save #1 (or #11) and #5 (or #7) and for the next morning! I hope you enjoy our sweet 16 with all of your March Madness basketball. Oh... and GO SYRACUSE!

1 comment:

  1. while not a basketball fan either, having lived in indiana (our 10 year sentence) we did succumb to the madness ourselves. thanks for the sweet 16, our guests will be having them for hors d'oeuvres saturday night! go IU???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!