Thursday, March 11, 2010

Has Spring Sprung?

Every year at this time I am cautiously optimistic that spring has sprung. The morning may still be cold, yes that says 36 degrees, but high temperatures in the 40's and 50's make me think that winter may finally be breaking! Don't get me wrong, I love winter. I find a snowy landscape breathtaking; and I certainly love to ski! However, come March I am looking at my kayak and longing to go out in my little boat!

So, I ask you readers, are you seeing signs of spring? At my condo we have a little garden and a few flowers have started to pop up - which is so very exciting! I've been seeing more people out walking, sweeping away the sand from their sidewalks and one of my neighbors finally took down their winter holiday wreaths! Perhaps if you live further south these signs of spring are old news - but here in northern New England these are very recent changes!

At Stonewall Kitchen we have our own signs of spring. These signs can be seen on the homepage of our website! Winter stews have made way for Easter Brunch ideas and spring linens. We've also started to sell our spring baking mixes including carrot cake whoopie pies and carrot cake muffins. Anything involving carrot cake is a favorite of my husband - so I've already made up a batch of the carrot cake whoopie pies! Oh dear, with every sentence I write I am getting more excited for spring... I hope it's really here!


Oh, and don't forget that this weekend it's time to change the clocks and spring ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!