Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Jonathan's Top Secret Garden Project

Jonathan has plans for the gardens outside of our York, ME home office and company store. He's been dreaming it up with Jacqueline (of Jacqueline Nooney Landscape Inc.) but won't share the details with us. We're as excited as you are to see how it is going to turn out. So far, we know that there are new rock walls that double as seating. There will also be a water garden... but that's still not finished. Do you want to know what the plantings will be and what it will look like? SO DO I! I hate not being in a secrets! I've tried to think of ways to uncover the plans. I even attempted some old fashioned bribery. I walked out there with my sweetest smile and offered the guys working on our gardens a beautiful tray of perfect photo-shoot cupcakes. Sadly it was no use. They took my bribes but would only tell me that it was a water garden and that they'd been sworn to secrecy!

It looks like we'll both have to wait to know the final results. You can find more photographs in our Facebook album but you should come to York and see the progress for yourself!

3 comments:

  1. We sure hope this garden will be in its full splendor for our annual visit to Ogunquit this summer!
    Rob and David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnathan,Jim,Lizfabale:

    I was surprised. A small black coffee in the cafe

    jumped 33% from $ 1.50 to $ 2.00 WHY?

    dickmorse@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard,

    Thank you for posting your feedback. I'll make sure to pass it along to Liz. We did just publish a new menu. While there were some price adjustments, there are also a lot of new additions that we hope you will enjoy!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!