Friday, April 2, 2010

Setting the Easter Table

Today is the day I'm doing my food shopping and setting our table for Easter dinner. In last week's blog I mentioned my planned menu; complete with Stonewall kitchen recipes - of course! Today is all about setting the table. Why am I doing this so far ahead of time? 1) I'm just a tad obsessive. 2) We'll be a BBQ tomorrow so I can't get it done then!



Table Setting 101 (Before the guests arrive)
• Iron table linens at least one day ahead of time
• Set the table with all plates, napkins, silverware, & glasses
• Plan out your serving platters. Make sure they'll fit on the table and decide which foods will fit best on each dish

You can simply set the table, or you can be creative with centerpieces, flower arrangements & folded napkins. We have a great step-by-step guide for creating this cuttle little bunny napkin!

















Another option, if you find the thought of folding many tiny bunnies to be a bit much, is to simply place the napkin between the dinner & salad plate, like this.



We're wishing all of you a Happy Easter Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute napkin fold idea. Love the pink pastel with the white. Thanks for sharing this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Katie! The napkin is adorable and I love your prep plans. I can't wait to hear how your dinner goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!