Watermelon Sangria Blush
Impress your guests with something other than beer and wine - a fruity drink for a summer day!
- 2 Cups sliced fruit (such as limes, oranges and kiwi)
- 1 bottle of Watermelon Mojito Mixer
- 1 750mL bottle white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- Soda Water to taste
- Watermelon wedges for garnish
Fill a large pitcher with ice and sliced fruit. Add Watermelon Mojito mixer and wine and stir. Add soda water to taste. Garnish each glass with watermelon wedges and serve.
Southwest Sweet Potato Salad
Chances are pretty good that there will be a traditional potato salad at the barbecue. This recipe changes it up a bit and uses sweet potatoes instead of regular.
For Potato Mixture
- 3 lb sweet potatoes, washed and cubed with skin on
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- EVOO - enough to coat potatoes and vegetables
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup Spicy Corn Relish
- 1/2 bottle Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
2) Wash and cube sweet potatoes
3) Place in a roasting pan and toss with oil until all are coated
4) Roast in oven until browned, approximately 20 minutes, allow to cool
5) Toss the diced peppers and onions in olive oil and place in roasting pan - roast at 450 degrees until browned, approximately 15 minutes - allow to cool
6) Combine all ingredients for dressing
7) Toss sweet potatoes, peppers and onions and dressing in a large bowl.
8) Chill for at least 1 hour before serving
The great part about grilling is you don't have to spend hours and hours in the kitchen to prepare. There are several ways to add extra flavor to your dishes without missing out on the nice weather. Here are some of our quick tips for the grill season;
- Try adding Farmhouse Red Relish to your ground meat before forming it into burgers. Not only does it keep them extra juicy but it also adds a nice sweet and spicy flavor.
- If you are strapped for time, purchase a bag of pre-cut coleslaw mix and toss it with one of our flavored Aiolis such as Roasted Garlic or create your own such as Habanero Mango Coleslaw
- For those opting to not eat meat, try grilling portabella mushrooms brushed with Sesame Ginger Teriyaki Sauce. The meaty texture of the mushroom holds up well on the grill and is a great meat substitute.
- Rub a pork tenderloin with Espresso Spice Rub and let it marinate for an hour or so before grilling to develop a deeper flavor
- Brush your seafood with Curried Mango Grill sauce for a tropical flavor or just provide it as a dipping sauce
- Top your hot dogs and hamburgers with specialty mustards and ketchups
|Grilled Pound Cake and Aged Balsamic Macerated Strawberries|