I am an avid fan of anything "Buffalo" flavored. There is something about the spicy/sweet combination mixed with a good blue cheese dressing that makes my mouth water. I was beyond excited when we announced our new Buffalo Wing Sauce because although you can make a buffalo sauce from scratch, it is always so much tastier and easier when you can just open a jar from your pantry.
This calzone makes for a great weeknight meal. You can use our new Pizza Crust Mix or a pre-made dough from your local grocery store. Of course, you can always mix up your own as well. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
Buffalo Chicken Calzone
- 3/4 pound chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 pound pizza dough, or our pizza dough mix, prepared according to package instructions.
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- Classic olive oil
- Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dredge chicken tenders in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Shake off excess flour
- Heat oil and butter in a straight sided skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, but does not smoke.
- Cook chicken in batches until it is golden brown on all sides and fully cooked.
- Toss chicken with Stonewall Kitchen Buffalo Wing Sauce to coat. Cut chicken into small chunks.
- Cut pizza dough into four equal portions. Roll each piece into a thin round. Place chicken and cheese onto one half of the dough. Fold dough over forming a half circle and pinch edges together making sure to form a good seal. Brush each with olive oil.
- Place calzones on prepared baking sheet and bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with additional Buffalo Wing Sauce, Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing for dipping
Check back soon for our post about our favorite Superbowl Menus!