Another Maine summer is coming to an end, and with that we say goodbye to evening bike rides, visits to the Farmers Market and long, lazy days by the shore. School is already back in session for many kids and with that comes the challenge of scheduling leisurely get-togethers with friends and family.
As a last hurrah to the season, I recently hosted a casual dinner party using a variety of Stonewall Kitchen salsas and dips. Taking stock of my pantry for inspiration, I found jars of Peach Salsa, White Bean Dip and Spicy Corn Relish. These delicious toppings combined with locally grown tomatoes (near perfect this time of year) would make the perfect accompaniments to a crowd-pleasing taco bar. Catering to the tastes of everyone would be no problem, offering both grilled shrimp and seasoned ground turkey with various cheeses, veggies and tortillas. A side of black beans sautéed with fresh cilantro and lime rounded out our end-of-summer celebration, with just enough spice to keep us warm through the Maine winter.
Even the most inexperienced cook can look to Stonewall Kitchen for inspiration in the kitchen. Our products pair perfectly with meats, cheeses, breads and seasonal vegetables, and a quick glance at the jar’s label will feed your creativity. This last weekend of summer, take it easy and let our products take the lead.
Peach Salsa Shrimp Tacos
- 2 Tbsp. light olive oil
- 1 Pound large (21-30 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 6 corn taco shells
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- Stonewall Kitchen Peach Salsa
- 1/3 cup Manchego or Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper and cook until shrimp are pink and become firm, about 1-2 minutes per side
- Reduce heat to medium and add chili powder, lime juice and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Bake taco shells on baking sheet 4-5 minutes
- Layer lettuce, shrimp, Peach Salsa, cheese and cilantro in the taco shells. Serve immediately
What’s in your cupboard? How will your menu keep the relaxed summer vibe all year long?