One thing that I find myself looking forward to every summer is soup season, also known as fall. Soup mixed with pumpkin? Even better! Enjoy this quick, easy, fantastic autumn recipe that warms you from the inside.
- 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil or unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4” dice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Maple Pumpkin Butter
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil or butter in a saucepan. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth to saucepan; cover and bring to a boil.
- When potatoes are fork tender, puree potato-onion mixture with cooking liquid in food processor or blender.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Stir in contents of 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Maple Pumpkin Butter, and half and half. Reheat gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.