It's Fat Tuesday; are you cooking anything special to indulge? Fat Tuesday, aka Mardi Gras, always makes me think of New Orleans. Perhaps you'd like to celebrate with some Gumbo? If so head over to this post where Phyllis shared her family's gumbo recipe with us!
If you're looking for a quicker way to enjoy shrimp tonight, try boiling shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning and some Bay leaves. It's much faster than making gumbo, but still quite tasty.
Serve with rice for a quick and easy meal. Another idea for shrimp is this Papaya Shrimp Orzo salad.
* 1 pound orzo pasta
* 2 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Papaya Salsa
* 1/3 cup fresh parley, chopped
1. Cook orzo pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat until oil is hot and shimmering, but not smoking. Add shrimp and sauté until they are just opaque in the center, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and sauté another minute.
3. Combine the orzo, shrimp, Stonewall Kitchen Papaya Salsa and chopped parsley. Toss gently and serve hot or at room temperature.