Lemon Cups with Lemon Semifreddo
- Cut 3 large lemons in half lengthwise.
- Trim a thin slice of the peel off of the exterior so the cups do not tip over when they are filled. Make sure to not cut all the way through the skin.
- Scoop out the inside of the lemon (the lemon juice can be saved if you are making a homemade lemon curd).
- Freeze peels until ready to use.
- Make Lemon Semifreddo (recipe below) and freeze. Scoop into lemon cups and garnish with fresh mint.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Fold curd into the whipped cream
- Spoon whipped cream mixture into one large serving dish. Freeze at least 8 hours or overnight
*Semifreddo can be made 3 days ahead. Keep covered and frozen.