Need an idea for your newly purchased Sea Salt Caramel Sauce? Why not try this Brownie Trifle? The layers of chocolate brownie, smooth whipped cream and silky chocolate pudding pair perfectly with the buttery taste of caramel. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Brownie Trifle - Serves 12
- 2 boxes Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Brownie Mix
- 2 cups whipping or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups chocolate pudding
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate curls for garnish
- Make brownies according to box instructions. Allow to cool completely. Cut brownies into 1-inch squares.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Whisk in sugar and vanilla.
- Layer ingredients in a 12 cup trifle bowl in this order; half of the brownies, half of the chocolate pudding, and half of the sweetened whipped cream. Heat the Sea Salt Caramel Sauce for 30-60 seconds in the microwave so it is pourable, but not hot. Drizzle Sea Salt Caramel Sauce over whipped cream. Repeat layering using remaining ingredients. Top trifle with chocolate curls. Chill until ready to serve. Can be made 2 hours ahead of time.
- Tip: Chocolate curls can be made by running a vegetable peeler along the flat side of a semisweet chocolate bar. This technique works best if the chocolate bar is room temperature.