Watermelon Cupcake with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 small Seedless Watermelon (enough for 8, 3" cut outs)
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 1/4 c. sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 box powdered sugar
- Mint Sprigs (optional)
- Cut slices of watermelon about 3" thick. Using the cookie cutter of your choice, cut out 8 pieces to use as the base of your cupcakes
- Combine pineapple, butter and sugar in a saucepan. Cook until mixture is thickened and transparent, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- Combine lemon juice and cream cheese until smooth, blend in powdered sugar.
- Add the cooled pineapple mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat well.
- Top each watermelon slice with a dollop of frosting and top with mint sprigs for garnish (optional)