Spicy Gazpacho makes a great meal for Meatless Monday. Tip: this can be made two days ahead and kept in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with fresh baked bread and one of our dipping oils.
* 1/4 cup red onion, coarse chopped
* 1/2 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, coarse chopped
* 1/2 cup seedless cucumber, coarse chopped
* 1/4 cup celery, coarse chopped
* 1 14.5-ounce canned diced tomatoes, drained a little
* 1-tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
* 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
* 1-teaspoon salt
* Pepper to taste
* ½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Tomato Salsa
* 1-tablespoon cilantro, chopped
* Sour cream and or guacamole for garnish
1. Place the red onion, red bell pepper, cucumber and celery in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse processor until the vegetables are finely chopped (depending how chunky you want your gazpacho).
2. Add the canned tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Tomato Salsa. Pulse until uniformly blended.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in cilantro. Serve chilled garnished with sour cream and or guacamole for a refreshing cold soup.