There’s nothing more comforting than a hearty Italian meal. The fresh taste of basil mixed with notes of garlic and olive oil is second to none. Whether you’re entertaining friends or family or just looking to make a nice, home-cooked dinner, these recipes are sure to please your Italian craving.
For a starter, bruschetta is a must. You’ll need a jar of our Sun Dried Tomato Olive Spread.
Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Bruschetta
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sun Dried Tomato Olive Spread
- 1 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 loaf French bread (soft, not too crispy)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix Stonewall Kitchen Sun Dried Tomato Olive Spread, cheese, mayonnaise, garlic salt and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the bread into ¼ inch slices, and place the slices on a cookie sheet.
- Top each slice with a spoonful of the cheese/relish mixture.
- Bake until bubbly, approximately 8 minutes.
Next comes a green salad with a creamy basil dressing. For this, you’ll need a bottle of our Sweet Basil oil.
Creamy Basil Salad
- 2 tablespoons light or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sweet Basil Oil
- 6 cups mixed greens
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the cream, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- While whisking continuously drizzle the Stonewall Kitchen Sweet Basil Oil to form an emulsion.
- Add to salad greens and toss gently.
For the main course, this chicken recipe is just as easy as it is delicious. Serve with cheese tortellini or ravioli tossed with olive oil and extra pesto, if desired. For the chicken, you’ll need a jar of our Basil Pesto.
Pesto Chicken with Italian Three Cheese
- 4 large boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (approximately 1-1/2 pounds)
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup shredded provolone
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Trim and pound boneless chicken breasts. Cut into quarters.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge the chicken on both sides.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove and place chicken in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Spread approximately 1 tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle chopped tomatoes over pesto and top with cheeses. Place the dish under the broiler and heat until the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.