This Cinco De Mayo, add a little green to your Mexican Fiesta with this great recipe for Chicken Enchiladas using one of our favorite salsas, Salsa Verde.
Chicken Enchiladas - Serves 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine the rice, beans, cumin, 1/2 cup Salsa Verde, and salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
- Place 1/2 cup rice mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Top rice with 2 tablespoons sour cream. Divide chicken evenly and place over sour cream. Roll tortilla to enclose filling and place in the baking dish side by side.
- Top enchiladas with remaining 1 cup Salsa Verde. Sprinkle shredded cheese over sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until enchiladas are heated through and the cheese is melted. Serve hot with extra salsa, sour cream, and guacamole if desired.
And don't forget a Margarita to wash them down with!