Savory Irish Cheese Scones
- 1 box Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Scone Mix
- 4 oz (1 cup) Irish Cheddar (such as Dubliner), shredded
- 1 oz (1/4 cup) Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup ice water
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Pour contents of the Traditional Scone Mix into the bowl of a food processor or a bowl and use a pastry blender.
- Add the cheeses and rosemary and pulse to aerate and distribute the cheese.
- Add the cold, cubed butter and pulse 6 or 8 times to break up the butter - chunks of butter should still be visible.
- Add the water a few tablespoons at a time, pulsing the processor to mix.
- When all of the water has been added and incorporated, dump the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and bring it together into a ball.
- Pat the dough out into an 8 inch circle.
- Cut into 6-8 wedges and arrange on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown
- Serve warm and enjoy!
For more of our favorite recipes for St. Patrick's Day, visit our website.
And don't forget to enter our "All Things Green" St. Patrick's Day Giveaway!