Coffee Caramel Espresso Dessert
With its whimsical presentation, this dessert is one that is sure to delight your guests! The perfect after dinner treat.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Kahlua or coffee syrup
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder, mixed with 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 4 ounces Mascarpone
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Coffee Caramel Sauce, Dulce de Leche Sauce or Maple Honey Caramel Sauce.
- Mix espresso powder with cold water.
- Combine heavy cream, Kahlua, confectioner's sugar, and espresso. Beat until lightly whipped and soft peaks form. Reserve half and refrigerate the remaining half.
- With beater on low, mix Mascarpone and dessert sauce until smooth. Fold in reserved whipped cream until well blended and light in texture.
- Spoon mixture into demitasse (or your favorite small) cup, leaving about 1/8-inch space from the top.
- Top mixture with a dollop of remaining cream and spread to touch the sides of the cup, creating a "faux" foam.
- Sprinkle top with espresso powder and serve with a small biscotti.