Get into the spirit this Halloween with some of these spooky recipes! These fun recipes are great whether you are hosting a party for adults, gathering the kids before trick-or-treating or looking to pack something fun in your child's lunch box. Enjoy!
Makes about 6 mini pies
- One double pie crust recipe (or store bought prepared pie pastry)
- 12 Raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 6 wells of a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Roll pie dough to be 1/8 inch thick. Cut six, 4.5-inch circles. Press dough circles into prepared muffin tin wells allowing extra dough to hang over lip of muffin tin well.
- Fill each well with Apple Pie Filling.
- Roll remaining pie dough into a circle and cut into 1/4 inch strips. Place strips randomly over the top of each mini pie, covering entire surface. Trim edges and crimp top to bottom crust. Place two raisins on each mini pie for eyes.
- Bake mini pies for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool about 5 minutes and then gently remove Mummy Pies from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 12 spooky sandwiches
- 12 slices Dark Rye Bread (for cats or bats)
- 12 slices thin white bread (for ghosts)
For the sandwich spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons scallion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Colby cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Cut 24 spooky shapes from the bread with cookie cutters (the shapes are easier to cut if roll each slice gently with a rolling pin before cutting)
- Combine all spread ingredients and mix until uniform
- Evenly spread cream cheese mixture on 12 of the spooky bread shapes and top with remaining spooky bread shapes. Garnish with sliced scallions to make eyes and mouths on sandwiches.