Butternut Squash Lasagna
- 8 sheets no boil lasagna
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed, cooked and drained well
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce (Product of the Month for October - save 10% in stores and online)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking dish. Place sheets of no boil pasta in hot water in a 9x13 inch baking dish; make sure pasta does not stick together while it soaks for 10-15 minutes. Drain off water; keep pasta separated so sheets do not stick.
- In a medium size bowl combine the ricotta cheese, cream, egg yolk, pinch of nutmeg, salt, spinach and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- In a medium size saute pan heat the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste. Saute mushrooms until tender and moisture has evaporated.
- Spread a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Place two sheets of lasagna side-by-side. Spread 1/3 ricotta mixture over pasta, spread 1/3 cooked mushrooms over ricotta and 1/3 spinach and 1/2 cup mozzarella - top with 1/4 jar Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce. Repeat layers of ricotta, mushrooms, spinach, mozzarella and sauce two more times. Top with the last two sheets of pasta, remaining sauce and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling. Allow dish to sit 10 minutes before serving.